Monday, January 18, 2010

Urban Legends The 13th Floor

potatoes and leeks to mashed zucchini and saffron

First, THANK YOU!
Many thanks to Laura , who patiently held our pleasure-day. Thanks to the traveling companions ( Lorenza , with the wonderful Gnome Giovanna , Valentina , LauraPippi ) thanks to his companions, husbands, supporters who have made the company and endured our endless talk, with new friendships that I hope I have occasion to know better in future.
Finally we managed to join the gang on Facebook that has been christened with the name of 'The Fellowship of the stove ', a group originally created to gather foodblogger Milan, then also extended to strangers .
The 'excuse' was a brunch at the restaurant Sempione42, actually already in the Central Station we began the almost endless series of talk (and who is going to stop us?). As if we knew all along.
Lorenza I already had the fortune to meet a couple of times, Joan I the company did Sana, the feeling is always the same: when we meet in the air is a wonderful, tangible and contagious enthusiasm.

For about super-efficient organization of Laura, I had my vegan menu (you will not find on the site ... it was all mine. Chicken and the egg, which made me company!). Want to know? Voila:
ANTIPASTO
chicory salad and crusty bread with figs with honey and balsamic dressing
FIRST
dumplings with artichokes and mint
SECOND
potato and leek puree on zucchini and saffron sorbet

DESSERT Mandarin

Not bad, eh? And since the
Golosastra is also a script here that today I propose my version (and SuperEasy superfast, even light, go) of the pie!


potato and leek puree
ON ZUCCHINI AND SAFFRON
(serves two people, or for the main course of a single hungry Golosastra)

2 medium-small potatoes (about 180 gr) 1 leek


1 zucchini 2 / 3 sage leaves (optional) extra virgin olive oil

of saffron threads in Samassi
salt & pepper

Ready? Go! There need a pot for steaming, two silicone muffin molds (or other material, if you use the microwave of course will be suitable for this type of cooking!).
Peel the potatoes, cut into slices sottilissimissime.
camera in 1 / 3 of the steam drum.
Wash the leek and peeled, cut into rounds and half sitematelo next to the potatoes. Clean the zucchini (sliced \u200b\u200b2-3 mm thick), cut into rounds and place this also in the remaining space of the perforated basket.
I like to put something in the water when cooking the scented steam, in this case, I grabbed a couple of sage leaves.
I put the pot on the stove and let cook for about ten minutes, no more, until potatoes gave way to the fork.
Meanwhile, I cut as thin as possible and the other half of leek and I 'crispata' in the microwave (depending crisp with thinly veiled special dish of extra virgin olive oil). If you want to fry it, try and let me know, in my opinion should be so; strips of very thin, very clear, extremely crisp. Unfortunately I do not fry at home, nor does it tolerate my liver so much that I was satisfied with the aesthetic result. At the end of
crispa leeks I kept them aside in a bowl.
At this point, the vegetables should be cooked: picked potatoes and leeks and (optionally) pass them with a masher or blender and holy trust in mash. I had two floury potatoes well and I had no need to add flour if too watery, perhaps they'd add a tablespoon of potato starch.
with salt and pepper, then pour the mixture into two molds (formerly oiled so easily then unmold the cakes). Put in the microwave at full power for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile passed to the mixer zucchini, with a pinch of salt and pepper, a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and 2 / 3 saffron threads (I used this that my sister brought me a gift from Sardinia).
Prepare a bed of puree, which lying on the cake. The crown of the cake gently curls arranged crispata leeks and serve.
Li adoooooro!
These are superfast, tested today at lunch because I was dying with curiosity. The next time I'll try with the baking, in my opinion will improve in terms of consistency.



0 comments:

Post a Comment